Websites have evolved to be much more than an online business card, now rich publishing platforms requiring continuous updating to feed and inform customers. Because of this, it has become very unwieldy to keep relying on a web developer for content updates and simple changes.
Do You Need to Manage Your Own Content?
To help answer the question, here are some simple prompts to assist:-
- If you have a lot to say about you and/or your business – Yes.
- If important facts about your business change frequently – Yes.
- If your website is a key component of your marketing effort and you have someone who can devote the time to managing it – Yes.
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above questions, here’s the perfect solution for you. FavMedia is now offering a unique opportunity for you to learn how to manage your website through private tutoring which will further enhance your content management systems (CMS) competencies.
- Minimum of 4 hours at $77 per hour
- Lunch included
- Computer equipment provided
- One on one session with experienced web developer
- Training DVD awarded after the 8th hour
Remember, web success is important. Whether you’re managing the content yourself or having a professional manage it for you, your website MUST grow and change over time. If you’d like to take the step and learn to manage the content yourself, register your interest here, we will be in contact with you to arrange an appointment.
Include the areas you would like to cover from the left tabs, alternatively we can start from the beginning. Feel free to mix and match topics.Register Now
- Introduction – 20 mins
- A general overview of your system – 30 mins
- Creating Categories – 10 mins
- Creating Articles and Basic Formatting – 1 hour
- Creating Menus for Your Site – 1 hour
- Advanced Article Formatting – 1 hour
- Setting Display Options – 30 mins
- Using Modules – 50 mins
- Using Components – 50 mins
- Using Templates – 30 mins
- ACL Essentials – 40 mins
- Launching Your Site and Beyond – 30 mins
- Creating content – 30 mins
- Search Engine Optimisation – 1 hour
- Social media – generating interest and addressing feedback – 1 hour
Benefits of managing your own content:
- Greater level of control
- Ability to update your content at any time, giving your business the appearance of being active.
- Search engines give higher emphasis on new and fresh content
- Increase communication with customers
- Cost effective solution: In the long run you’ll save money versus paying someone
No previous experience of Web design, HTML, CSS is required. You should have basic computing and Internet knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do I need to bring my laptop?
A. No, you do not need to bring your laptop as a laptop will be provided.
Q. What I need to bring with me?
A. You just need to bring pen, note book and if possible an USB memory stick to take your works with you.
Q. Is there any break during this course?
A. Yes, you will get a short break in every two hours during this course
Q. What software will I learn?
A. A free web software for building websites, depending on your needs.
Q. Can I get any concessions?
A. We provide 20% discount to existing or previous students and learners who are full-time students or unemployed.
Q. Do you offer on-site or skype support?
A. We offer tutoring to staff in their own work environment.